Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Food Technology, Pharmaceuticals, Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry
CEO / Equity Partner / European Patent Attorney / European Patent Litigator / Auktoriserat Patentombud (Sweden)
Education: M.Sc. (Chem.Eng.), Technical University of Denmark, Ph.D. (Biotechnology), Technical University of Denmark.
Technical expertise: Organic chemistry, biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmaceuticals and food technology.
General background: European Patent Attorney. Diploma in Patent Litigation in Europe. Auktoriserat Patentombud (Sweden). Formerly employed within industrial R&D. With Budde Schou A/S since 2000. Team Manager in the Patent Department Chemistry/Biotech. COO since 2006. CEO since 2018.
- Expert advice on patent strategy.
- Expert advice, assistance and prosecution in relation to applications for patent, utility model and supplementary protection certificate (SPC) worldwide.
- Performance of Freedom to Operate analyses and infringement and validity opinions.
- Review and analyses of patent portfolios in the context of IP Due Diligence, including with a view to licence agreements.
- Representation in oppositions, administrative re-examination and other patent related conflicts.
- Technical expert in patent litigation covering legal proceedings in respect of interlocutory injunction, infringement and invalidity in Denmark, Sweden and Norway.
- Pan-European legal co-ordinator in comprehensive litigation complexes.
- Court-appointed expert in cases related to patent infringement and/or the validity of patents.
- Expert judge appointed by the Danish Maritime and Commercial Court and the Eastern Division of the High Court.
Memberships: ADIPA (Association of Danish Intellectual Property Attorneys), FIR (Danish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property), EPI, FICPI and AIPPI.
Languages: Scandinavian languages, English, German and French
1. “Strains of Lactococcus lactis with a partial pyrimidine requirement show sensitivity toward aspartic acid.” Steen Wadskov-Hansen, Jan Martinussen, Dairy Sci. Technol. 89 (2009) 125-137.
2. “Cloning and Verification of the Lactococcus lactis pyrG Gene and Characterization of the Gene Product, CTP Synthase.” Wadskov-Hansen, S.L.L.; Willemoes, M.; Martinussen, J.; Hammer, K.; Neuhard, J.; Larsen, S.: The Journal of Biological Chemistry 276, 2001, pp. 38002-38009.
3. “The pyrH gene of Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris encoding UMP kinase is transcribed as part of an operon including the frr1 gene encoding ribosomal recycling factor 1.” Wadskov-Hansen, Steen L. L.; Martinussen, Jan and Hammer, Karin: Gene, Volume 241, Issue 1, 4 January 2000, pp. 157-166.
4. “Two nucleoside uptake systems in Lactococcus lactis: Competition between purine nucleosides and cytidine allows for modulation of intracellular nucleotide pools.” Martinussen, Jan; Wadskov-Hansen, Steen Lyders Lerche; Hammer, Karin: Journal of Bacteriology, 2003. Vol. 185, (5). pp. 1503-1508.
5. International Patent Application No. PCT/DK2000/000446, WO/2001/014520: Wadskov-Hansen, Steen, Lyders, Lerche; Hammer, Karin; Martinussen, Jan.